about me

name: just muttering
location: mtl/khi
bio: ...and now iv been pushed! (I wish something would happen to push me violently in the right direction ... 2005 -2008) [read more]

navigate

home
blog
profile
contact
links
photos
about

recent posts

counting the numbers its taken to be me .....
tried this before but blogger didnt cooperate ...s...
times running out...hurry the fuck up will you!!!
its 5:08am i should sleep... i have things to do t...
fuck.streamingbodies in motion.oceans.swimming ben...
Sawing it open....

It wasnt till after I sliced open my words right t...



archives

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
October 2005
November 2005
March 2006

links

electric * tang
maszerowski.net
Blogskins
Apple
Blogger

credits

Blogger
Valid XHTML!
Valid CSS!
imaclanni
Saturday, November 19, 2005
Tonight you stoop to my level.
I'm your mangy little whore.
Now you're trying to find your underwear,
and your socks,
and then the door.
And you're trying to find a reason
why you have to leave.
I know it's cuz you think you're Adam
and you think I'm Eve.
And you rhapsodize about beauty
and my eyes glaze.
Everything I love is ugly,
I mean really --you would be amazed.
And just do me a favor,
it's the least that you can do.
Just um...don't treat me like I am
something that happened to you.
I am...I am...I am...truly sorry,
sorry about all this.
And you plot a tiny pin prick
in my big red balloon.
As I slowly start to exhale,
it's when you leave the room.
And I did not design this game.
I did not name the stakes.
I just happen to like apples,
nd I am not afraid of snakes.
I am...I am...I am...truly sorry about all this.
I hear you and your anger hurts
I hear that it's with, with
with....So I let go the ratio
things set, things hurt.
As I leave you to your garden,
and the beauty you prefer.
I wonder whether this will have meaning
for you, when you've left it all behind.
I think I'll even wonder
if you meant it at the time.

-- Ani Difranco (ofcourse)

posted at 4:44 AM | comments (3)

3 Comments:

I love the style of your blog, and the style of this poem: sort of like a song.

By Blogger EATING POETRY, at 11:40 PM  

it is a song ...adam and even by ani difranco :)

By Blogger just muttering, at 2:19 AM  

hahaha im downlaoding it now!

i love the napoleon-ness of the blog.. the weird song in it by jamariquai holds weird memories

By Blogger discopapaya, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment


home
about
g-book
email